Delivering Happiness

Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose - Tony Hsieh

This book suffers from the same issue I see a lot of memoirs suffering from, they seem to need better editors. I understand why the stories in this book are included but sometimes the placement and the way the stories are told don't fit together well. Also another gripe with this book is it's font choices. There is a section where the book alternates between paragraphs about the companies core values and stories from employees.  To differentiate they use different fonts, however the font for the core values was a strange choice and it was jarring to switch between the 3 fonts in that section.

As for the content of the book it was an interesting way to learn about running business, finding out more about Tony Hsieh, and Zappos. It was a "fun" business book so I can see why my business teacher picked it for required reading instead of a stuffy or more business by the books oriented read. However unless you're really interested in Tony Hsieh, Zappos, or running a culture driven company I'd probably skip this one.