The 5th Wave

The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey

Aliens come and release waves that kill most of the population. The book picks up after an EMP, tsunamis, disease, and sleeper agents take out over 90% of the population. The survivors are trying to brace themselves for the 5th wave.

I've been meaning to pick this book up for a while now and I got an email advertising that Hoopla had the book so I picked it up. Overall this book is enjoyable. It was a reasonably fun ride, I enjoyed the characters all the characters good and bad. I liked Cassie's relationship with Sam and herself doubt that she deals with.

That being said this book is so predictable that it was almost painful. I had the major plot twists pegged really early on, which is annoying. I'm not sure if it's because I've read a fair few YA dystopians or the writing on the wall was in flashing neon but I would have liked some surprises. I did already download the next book because I do want to know what is going to happen with Evan and Cassie, and I'm hoping that I wont have it figured out in the first 10% of the book. Maybe I can turn my brain off for a bit and just sit back and enjoy it.