The Winner's Kiss

The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy) - Marie Rutkoski

This is the final book in the Winner's trilogy. Before I get into spoilery things I just want to say that I enjoyed this series. I enjoy Rutkoski's writing, I like the characters that she wrote, and the story she told. Rutkoski has beautiful ways of showing how much characters have grown through out the series, and showing them using their strengths. I liked that we saw more about the Gods in this book. While there are elements and tropes in this book that I generally don't like I see how they were used well in the story. One other gripe that I have with the book is that we didn't see enough of the side characters, I feel like we just got blips of them and I wanted more. Also I feel like everything wrapped up really easily which seemed a bit...easy.

With that I'm going to just jump into spoilers

Okay I really wasn't into Kestrel's memory lost, I understand that it evened out the relationship field and kinda fixed their power imbalances but I just didn't like it.  I did like that it wasn't drawn out.  I liked that we got to see Kestrel and Arin come together and be together through out the book. I liked the way things ended with Kestrel's father, I didn't mind it being left open, in fact I feel like it was for the best.  I love that we saw Arin fight with the sides of him self and see how dumb he had been about Kestrel. I like that we got to see Kestrel being smart and planing. I liked the side characters but I don't think we got to see enough of them.

I don't know why I didn't rate this book higher but I still enjoyed it and will pick up more from Marie Rutkoski

(show spoiler)