Reconstructing Amelia

Reconstructing Amelia - Kimberly McCreight

Kate is a successful junior partner at her law firm and a single mom to her 15-year-old genius daughter Amelia. One day Kate gets a call from Amelia's school saying she's been suspended and Kate needs to pick her up. By the time Kate gets there, Amelia is dead having jumped from the roof.  A month after Amelia's death, Kate gets an anonymous text say that says Amelia didn't jump. This launches us in to the mystery of the book.

Audiobook note: This book is narrated by the Amazing Khristine Hvam who is an amazing narrator that I love.

This book is told from Kate's point of view, trying to find out what happened to Amelia and who sent her this text; as well as Amelia's point of view leading up to her death. I love multiple POV books and this one was done well. The story kept me interested and I really liked the pacing of the book.

What I didn't love with this book was setting.  This is totally a personal thing but the high school aspect of this book just kinda didn't work for me. It was good, and well done, it just wasn't for me.  Also I read this shortly after reading Where They Found Her, which I just preferred and could see how McCreight grew as an author from this book to that one.